I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Friday 14 December 2012

Still not returned to work! Oh my!

Well that was something a little more than a bug.  I have been completely floored by only my third ever episode of flu, and man, it doesn't half take it out of you!  Ended up seeing the doc on Monday as I was heading towards a week with a fever temperature, only to discover I then had bronchitis and was signed off work all week!  It's now the last day of that and I am just about feeling human again.  I ventured out in the ice and fog yesterday to see if I could actually function normally walking round and going in and out of shops and talking to people with the different temperatures.  I was a bit wheezy and a bit rattley but on the whole I could nearly function!  Scary to think that such a teeny little virus can knock off kilter so completely.  I've still got the cough, still taking the inhaler, and I've forgotten what my normal voice sounds like, but at least my head doesn't hurt so much now.

As for the plan - well l've stuck to it with license.  It's been more important to get myself through this illness but I was determined to stay in ketosis too.  Most days I didn't feel like eating so getting down a pack was a bit of a chore, some days I gave up at 3, but other days I was managing 4 and protein or an extra bar.  Figured it would all work itself out in the end.  And so it did.  I've had an 11 week + weigh in this morning as yesterday I was so very close to my target, hoped an extra day would do the trick.  And indeed it did!  Day 78 and I'm down 3 stone!  Yay!  11 weeks and 1 day, 42lb lighter.

And, yesterday, not only did I get into a size 16 dress in New Look, it also fitted!  I even tried on a 14, and whilst it was a little on the snug side, I do have to conclude that my boobs are not a 14 and perhaps I shouldn't wish for them to be!

Happy happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment