I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Bleugh - first on plan poorly!

Up to now I was feeling quite smug with myself.  All these bugs floating about in the ether, even my beloved had a nasty attack of the shivers that I nursed him through, and I didn't pick up a single thing.  Figured the 4 packs and their complete nutrition offering was so much better for me than my previous food of choice that I was in the optimum health to avoid it all.  I think that is pretty much true, but there comes a point when even the fittest person (and I certainly can't call a position anywhere in the top 1000 of that list) is going to get struck down.

And so it has arrived.  Following a weekend of sneezing that I didn't think too much about, other than being a little concerned I might be developing an allergy to my kitties, yesterday I got that "taste", the one in the back of your throat that heralds the arrival of the bugs.  Hot bath and early night didn't fight it, and this morning I woke with a shocking temperature with every single part of me hurting - even my hair was hurting!  So the challenge begins - how do you treat a fluey type bug with an associated gastric element without coming out of ketosis?  How do you keep your fluid and calorie intake to a level where you won't start to shut down when you have absolutely no desire for eating alongside no hunger?

So far I've managed it with paracetemol and sleep!  I always find that sleep is the best healer for me, and know I'm not well when I can sleep for hours.  Today I've done that, slept for hours and hours and hours.  I feel a little better, managed some fresh chicken at lunchtime and had a cottage pie pack for tea - struggled a little with that one but figured I needed it!  Tried to keep the fluids up and made sure I've topped up regularly with paracetomol.  As long as I don't speak I feel relatively ok, but talking sets off the coughing and that darn well hurts, and hurts everywhere.  So the secret may be to keep it all to myself for a few days.  Had a rare day off work today, fully expect to be having at least another one tomorrow.  Nasty bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment