I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Sunday 10 February 2013

What was all the fuss about?

I don't know how I went off the rails.  It wasn't in a spectacular way and I always stayed in ketosis, but I was totally off the plan and eating too many calories.  I probably needed to do it to learn a few life lessons, and maybe reminisce about the old days, rebel a little at the control I need to have around eating, and indulge in feeling a bit sorry for myself for a bit.

I did totally lose my way and couldn't see a way back through to getting back to just the 4 packs a day.  Until I asked for help.  Everybody was so lovely and so kind, and so right, but I think the catalyst to destroying the sabotaging me was the process of asking for that help.  It really was a problem halved, at the very least, and felt like a huge burden lifted.  And since that point - 100%.  As a little bonus, I've been puzzling for a while now about my losses, I was sure I'd miscalculated somewhere along the line, so I set about sorting that once and for all today, and indeed I had.  Three weeks into the plan I changed from LL to S&S, and also changed from evening weigh in to morning weigh in.  I'd made an allowance for the difference, but had added it up wrong - I owe myself another pound - yay!  So I'm only 2lb off 4 stone lost now - and I've not hit 20 weeks.  I'm really really pleased with that, despite all this messing about, I've lost all that weight in under 5 months.

I've also started to look at how I can tone more, and have treated myself to some zaggora hot pants.  I bought some last year in XL and had to send them back as they wouldn't go beyond my knees.  I ordered large this time and they are fine :).  Also got their creams on a groupon bargain, so I'm using them too, along with 10 minutes a day on my virbroplate toner.  Already, and it's very early days, I'm over an inch thinner on each thigh - cracking!  I'm starting to think more about my final target, and what I should look to get to.  Less than a stone and I'm into overweight territory, and to be honest, it's not that much further to reach "normal" - I think I can do that, but I don't know if I want to.  I've still a way to go and I'm already smaller than I ever thought possible, I seem to be shrinking before my own eyes!

I don't think it's too much to say that doing a VLCD is life changing.  I cannot believe the difference in me.  Going away for a short break to Marrakech this week, in smaller clothes!  Will be fabulous to get a bit of sun on me as a smaller person, give me a taste of what Turkey will be like in June, with me at target :)

No comments:

Post a Comment