I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Friday 28 September 2012

Day 2 - I must have been living in hell already!

I feel fine.  More than fine.  I don't feel hideous, I don't have cravings, I don't have any desire to chew off my own arm and have it with pasta.  The only conclusion I can draw from this is that I was already living in hell.  It's quite possible I guess, my diet had got so bad I felt pretty shocking before I started, and I knew it was about what I was putting in my mouth, but still I did it.  Perhaps I'm experiencing a little premature euphoria simply because I've done day 1, and I've done a few hours of day 2 too, and haven't had to fight the forces of evil that make me eat anything and everything.

What's exciting so far (small things and all that) is that already on morning 2 my ketostix registered a trace - woohoo! 24 hours in and it's already not negative.  I was delighted, already I've just about cleared out the glycogen stores and are getting ready to burn the fat off.  That's quite quick, maybe that's why I needed to eat so often, I must have such an efficient internal system to convert carbs to fat that I don't hold much in the glycogen stores, I must have a little corner shop rather than a glycogen supermarket.  I know, as far as excuses for overeating go, that's a cracking one.  I'm sure in the weeks to come I'll discover what type of thinking that is, but for now, I'm having a little titter to myself about my very small glycogen store.

I had the vanilla shake last night - loved it, so at least there is something I can have if all else fails.  This morning was raspberry porridge, I made it a little thinner than yesterdays plain stuff and it was good, so I'll try doing that with plain tomorrow before I right it off altogether.  Later will be either veg or chicken soup, not sure which yet, and pasta carbonara when I get home, not sure if I'm curious or quite apprehensive about that one!

OK, I have to admit, it's mid afternoon and I have felt hungry today.  I did about 9am, and I do again now after having a pack about 90 minutes ago.  That's not so great.  I'm feeling a teeny bit light headed too and quite tired.  That said, I'll be quite happy if this is the extent of todays hell.  Had a pop up to Boots in my around 12 o'clock break from work.  Looked all over for some breath freshner, in preparation for giving out clouds of keytone breath very soon.  Eventually managed to find the smallest bottle ever, so got 3 of them (3 for 2, never one to pass up an offer) and have them stashed in my handbag.  Had a little squirt earlier - ugh!  It's awful!  Made me feel quite icky, so think I'll be using them on an occasional basis only.

No comments:

Post a Comment