I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Sunday 30 September 2012

Day 4. Feeling good but tired.

Which really might be nothing to do with the change of energy use from carbs to my very own ample fat stores.  Andrew has been here for the weekend as he usually is.  He's still feeling the cold after spending nearly 6 of the very hottest weeks of the year in our beloved Icmeler and has to have the heat on.  I'm not one for having a warm bedroom, I don't sleep so well, and with him hogging the bed and the majority of the covers, I've not had so much sleep.  So it could just be that or it could be a combination, or it could just be ketosis?  I'm doubtful it's just ketosis as that is supposed to give me a burst of energy, not send me off to nodsville.  I was antsy yesterday, wanting to get on with cleaning and rearranging stuff, but ended up frustrated cause what I want to do is move furniture around ready for winter (best place for the Christmas tree and all that) and I can't do that with my fractured arm.  Cleaned the fridge and kitchen instead but it didn't quite cut it.

So, I was going to venture round town and make a mental list of target treats I fancy, but instead I'm just stopping off at Argos to pick up a water filter jug - given I'm drinking so much of it for the forseeable, I might as well make it taste the best I can, and a pack of colouring pencils!  I'm a visual person, and saw a lovely idea for logging your loses on the lighterlife forums - can't find it again to give credit to the originator, but if you ever read this - thank you, inspirational idea! - Flowers with 6 petals and a centre, each one representing a pound in weight lost, so every time you complete a flower, you've lost half a stone.  I've got 4 stone of flowers sat on my fridge waiting for some colour!

It's been a challenging weekend too, dealing with someone else in the flat eating food.  Andrew is a fussy eater, so I normally end up cooking him something different to me anyhow, so that wasn't so bad.  But he loves pizzas, so do I, and wanted one last night.  It did smell really good but I wasn't tempted by it - must admit though, I almost automatically licked the pizza slicer before putting it in the sink!  I didn't do it, but it was quite a timely reminder of the things we do without thinking.  Sunday is my big day of junk food eating, so today has really been a tester.  Went for a scan at lunchtime so had to drink a lot of water for that, all good for the fat flushing, meant I was pretty late with my second food pack but all is ok.  Tried out the savoury broth this afternoon as an alternative to the many cups of black coffee I've been drinking, it's not bad.  I'm pretty pleased with myself cause it's now 5pm and I've not really had any serious "needs" for food.  I've still got 2 more packs to have today, so I'm doing good.  Really really looking forward to Wednesday night to see how much I've done so far - need to see a decent loss for the first month I think before I believe that I can actually do this as I often lose big on the first week of a plan.

Todays MASSIVE learning point - my hunger is thirst.  For 41 years I've fed my thirst and then fed it some more when it's not gone away.  What I should have done is put the kettle on and watered it instead.  There's one to remember - it's not hunger, it's thirst.  I know the feeling, I'm very familiar with it, just need to sort my head out remembering that it's not an overwhelming need for 2 packets of crisps in case I fall over and pass out from lack of food (seriously, the number of times I've actually thought that, after going, oooh, maybe a max of 3 hours since eating!!), it just needs sorting with a bottle of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment