I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Lesson learnt

OK, lets view this in a positive light - all things experienced that can be learned from and improved upon are not things wasted.  I've allowed the excuses to start popping into my head again, in my previous post I confessed to the consumption of many calories, but of a low carb origin that has allowed me to "get away" with overeating, and not having it show on the scales.  My excuses for this - I like to call them reasons, it seems less of a cop out - so my body has chance to catch up with my weight loss and I'm not left with a saggy empty bag of skin to wander round aimlessly in.  Whilst there is some merit in that, what I've actually done is get used to cravings and desires once again.  I've fancied something to eat, I've had it.  In my fridge I have double cream.  It makes a lovely pepper sauce to have with spinach and smoked salmon.  And it's more calories in one meal than I have for the rest of the day.  And then I fancy something else.  So I have it.

And pretty soon, if I continue down this path, I'll be right back at the beginning with my food issues.  So here is where it stops.  The lesson is learnt.  Yesterday I was back to 4 packs, but even that was 4 packs with scrambled egg (with double cream).  I had a fancy for scrambled egg with spinach, and I'm very glad I did cause it was awful.  And it made me stop and think - what am I doing!  It's official weigh day tomorrow, and this morning I'd not lost a thing.  That really shouldn't happen on this plan, I should be dropping a couple of pounds as an absolute minimum.  I'm only 5lb off my next stone, I should have been doing a big push this week to get there.  Jees, I'm only 1lb of getting under the next stone and I've not done that either!  9lb off my next goal.  All of these acheivements totally doable in the next couple of weeks and I've wasted them for double cream.  Was it worth it?

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment