I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Adult me is delighted, Child a little petulant

We're onto ego states, TA - have looked at this previously through work but never related it to food choices.  Really interesting stuff.  And of course, it's week 2 weigh in day.  So, here's how it went - I lost 4lb.  And here's what I think:

Nurturing parent - that's really good, I'm proud of you, it's great that you're taking this action to benefit your long term health, well done, you deserve a treat.

Critical parent - over a stone in 2 weeks, that's way too fast, you'll make yourself ill, you should have some proper food.

Adult - That's a good steady loss in line with the expectations of the plan, you're making real progress towards your long term goals.

Adapted child - Sorry it's not more than that, I should really make more effort next week and perhaps do some more exercise.

Rebellious child - *sticks tongue out* see, you said I couldn't do it, proved you wrong didn't I.

Free child - yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly I've got a lot of work to do on learning and understanding more about TA and it's application in my LL journey (sorry for getting any of this wrong - that'll be my adapted child again!).  But it is fascinating, and it's answering so many of the questions I had when I began this journey, so much of my life is starting to make sense.  And proper sense, it's not excusing behaviours and choices, it's allowing me to realise why I've made the choices I have and how I behave.  Illuminating stuff.

Gosh, that's all very deep and adult.  After 40 odd years spent mainly as an adapted child that feels quite scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment