I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Sunday 7 October 2012

Astonishing - I keep forgetting to "eat"

I've not posted anything for a few days, seem to have been quite busy just doing stuff I guess, but all is well in the world of ll.  In fact, all is very very well.  I had a small social event on Friday evening - treated myself to a "proper" coffee to take with me so I didn't feel left out from those purchasing their beverages from the (overpriced!) bar, and, talking of bars, took one with me and munched away.  It was fine, nobody noticed, nobody really cared!  Yesterday we went to the coast, it was my idea as a bit of a test I think.  I don't much care for fish and chips most of the time, but there is something about eating them fresh from paper looking out over the beach on a chilly autumn day that just can't be beat.  And then there are the fresh ring donuts...... enough about the food already!  Suffice to say, it was my test day.  And I'm very proud that I passed the test with flying colours. We even went into a pub where I was made a black coffee as they didn't sell bottled water or have hot drinks for sale - what a lovely lady to make me a nescafe.

So, considering Andrew had a hot, deliciously smelling Greggs sausage roll on the way, and all those temptations there, I think I've rightly earned my proud badge for the day.  I was however, entirely pooped when we got back, ended up fast asleep in front of the tv before 9pm, think the sea air wiped me out.

Sunday, we're here again.  My arm is much better this week, I should have no issue getting discharged from the fracture clinic on Tuesday, I've not worn my splint all weekend, bit naughty but it all feels fine.  Today I had decided I would move the furniture in my room ready for winter (I like to lounge on the sofa nearer to the wall heater in winter, but like the sun in summer).  I did it all, moved everything, cleaned everywhere, proper spring clean clean too.  The question has to be, if LL is bad for you, and you can't possibly function on 500 odd calories a day, where on earth did all that energy come from?  Next on the list are the kitchen cupboards.  When I first moved in here I liked to keep my kitchen surfaces clear, over the years (lol, only 4 of them) things have crept onto them as the cupboards have filled, so I'm having a total clear out - why exactly do I need cocktail glasses that have only ever had dust inside them - and will find a place for everything, actifry, slow cooker, veg steamer, all of which will be very useful tools in low fat/low gi cooking once I'm at that stage in my journey, but I want to get that minimalist look back, it's clean and organised and will be representative of my life going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment