I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Saturday 20 October 2012

Feels good to get it out there

I'm onto day 3 of my new plan - I've decided for many reasons to start up with Slim and Save.  The packs are so much nicer and considerably cheaper.  It suits me for now so I'll see where I get to with it.  The online support communities are great, so much information is out there to help and assist.  I'm continuing with the exploration of my head and are feeling good.  It's certainly not all straightforward by any stretch of the imagination but I am continuing forward to wherever that will take me - I am positive it's a much nicer place.

I think I've wanted to lose myself over the years, and hide behind the protection of being someone else so I don't have to face or deal with me.  After a while though, me starts getting a bit antsy and wants to see what's going on, then it all gets a bit frustrating with a bit of a battle til me is hidden once again.  I've taken a different approach now, stopped swallowing my emotions, recognising the adult way to deal with difficult situations and refusing to let me be hidden again.  I have the right to be me, and I actually quite like me, so why do I keep hiding?

There are some really tough decisions to be made, but one thing I recognise that I haven't before, is that it is right to take all the time I need to make them.  Quick decisions are often rash decisions with me that I regret and then immediately reverse.  What I need is the time to think things through, to consider all the options, all the consquences and come to the right decision in my own time.  Not hiding all that behind a big plate of Chinese takeaway gives me lots of space to think about it.

Oooh, I forgot about my weight loss this week (much like I keep forgetting to have my packs!) - another 4.5lb taking me to 19.5lb in 3 weeks.  I'm seriously seriously impressed with that - I've done that!  Week 4 and I'm looking at exercising, time to start the toning.

No comments:

Post a Comment