I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Day 6 - Brain fog and tiredness

I think I might not be drinking enough water.  I'm trying to do 2 litres a day measured with coffee and an odd glass or two on top of that, but I didn't quite do it over the weekend and failed miserably yesterday.  All of which leads me to conclude I'm dehydrated in a way I've not been before and it's affecting my brain!  Today I've had trouble stringing a sentence together, I can speak of course, but a word will just evaporate from my head in the middle of a sentence just before it is due to venture forth from my mouth.  And I'm tired, really tired.  So, google being your friend and all that.... I learnt today that mild dehydration thickens your blood a little, so it's harder work to get it round your body, using more energy, hence the tiredness.  So, that's good news then, I may have failed to provide enough flushing facilities, but at least I'll still be burning off some belly.  I've tried to make amends but I fear I may be doing that mending for a few days before I've caught up.  I feel ok, apart from the tiredness.  I'm sleeping very well and getting enough hours in, so it must be down to the water situation.

Well, it's week 1 weigh in tomorrow, wonder how I'll do.  I'm keen to know but also very nervous, I really want to see a difference with this plan so it'll need to be a big number for me - dare I even hope for double figures?  Clearly not every week, but I always get a decent number in week one on most plans - I need this one to be different!  I keep looking at my colourless flowers, I'm itching to give them some life!  Bought new pencils and everything, Crayola no less.  One thing though - wind - I think it's another feeling I've mistaken for hunger.  Trapped wind rolling round inside me.  I was thinking it was thirst rather than hunger cause I'm a bit dehydrated, so I've been watering it profusely, but to no avail and it's just got worse and worse and worse.  My head is saying it can't be hunger so it must be something else, and by bedtime, I'm in agony.  Swift rub of the chest and almost instant relief - so, mistaken bodily function feeling number 2 - it's wind, not a need for a McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment