I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Talking is good for the soul

Today I've been chatting a lot to a friend about weight loss and weight gain.  He's the only person apart from my OH who knows I'm doing LL - well obviously everyone in my group does, my LLC and obviously you - but outside of LL I've only shared with 2 people and he's one of them.  He lost a lot of weight for his wedding, and in the year since he's gained it all back and is feeling very down about it - all of this I can relate to (apart from the wedding!) so today I've been counselling him with TA.  I didn't actually realise I was at the time, but on my way home from work I was thinking about it, and I was!  That's both amused and impressed me.  Already in week 2 I can see enough about choices made in child and parent states that I can give him the adult suggestion.

I did some running upstairs today, just because I could and it felt amazing.  I could also feel that my muscles were fatiguing in a different way to how they used to, wonder if this is the proper way, and perhaps before it was my head that decided I'd had enough.  I also thought today, oddly, that I don't know what hunger feels like.  I've identified that what I thought was hunger isn't, but I really don't know if I've ever been hungry.  That's appalling, and I am embarrassed to admit that!  One thing I do know though, getting this all out of my head and down on (virtual) paper is really doing me good.  I think I can recognise that I am an emotional eater at the very least and often I've swallowed my feelings with a multipack of crisps, it's great to get it all down here for me.  Long may this continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment