I've written this blog to help me on my weight loss. I hope it may hope others too who are considering following a VLCD. These are my own personal views and thoughts, I have no assocation with the plans I choose to follow other than buying their products for my own personal use!

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Massive decision day!

I'm feeling rather proud of myself today.  I've made two very big decisions today and I feel I've given them both due consideration and weighed up the merits before reaching a conclusion.  One of them is about my weight loss journey, the other one is a personal situation that has been bothering me (to say the least) for almost a year.  I've handled both of them in an adult way and said what I need to say about how I feel without getting emotional about it.  I was getting anxious before making a phone call I needed to make, but for the first time I actually recognised that for what it was, and not as a need for food.  It was quite refreshing to acknowledge that.

The other decision - I have decided that I am not getting what I expected from LL counselling.  The content itself is excellent and I'm really getting into the self help elements of it, but the actual group sessions are a bit of a let down to be honest.  Group members seem to come and go, they don't contribute to the session and talk about cheating with a little giggle before we've started.  I have no idea who most of these people are, there are only 2 others who have been there each time I have, and as much as I want to contribute (and do) I don't feel confortable as that bonding is impossible with such transience.  So, I'm changing plans.  I'm not daft enough to think I can do this alone - I don't think I can, but I do have all the tools to be able to succeed.  I've decided to follow a different vlcd that has a lively online support network and see how it goes.  I have lots of resources to call upon, and have a counsellor lined up for private sessions if I feel the need.  I feel much happier about it all now - both situations.  I actually feel like for the first time in an incredibly long time, I am in control of my life and my decisions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment